LORD's Management Team is dedicated to providing active leadership and support to develop and maintain a Safety Program that assures a safe and accident free work environment, not only for our employees and subcontractors, but also for our clients, other contractors' employees and the general public.
- All workers are trained in "OSHA 10 hours"
- All Management, Group Managers, Project Managers, Project Engineers, Superintendents, Foremen and Saftey Representatives have "OSHA 30 Hours" Training.
- Our Corporate Safety Department is trained in OSHA 500.
- Established CPR & First Aid Trianing and Certification for all Management and Key Employees.
Ongoing education and training efforts are mandatory for all employees. These address the safety rules and regulations as determined by Federal, State, Local and LORD. They also address health and environmental concerns. Our written Safety Program requires that all OSHA requirements and our policies be monitored via frequent inspections and meetings.
The company has received many achievement awards for its ecellent safety record as well as a modified rate for its workmen's compensatoin insurance premium on account of its excellent safety record over the past several years.
- Mechanical Contractors Associaiton of America Safety Award
- Puerto Rico Manufacturers Association, Excellence in Safety Awards
- General Contractors Association (AGC), Health and Safety Award
- Torcon Safety Excellence Award for Pfizer COPPOR Project
- Skanska Award for Outstanding Safety